Raw ReEvolution

Living well is living raw!

Friday, May 18, 2007

TGIF

It's Friday, y'all and I am so pumped from having a breakthrough week in this raw journey. I began by fasting, but broke my fast because I was literally starving. I prefer 'feasting'...but that doesn't mean overindulging. When I eat raw, I am sated on so much less food. It's a beautiful thing. I feel joy and peace and contentment. I feel serene.

I made some fantastic Raw Stuffed Mushrooms. I marinated baby portabellas overnight in Braggs with garlic and a smidge of red wine vinegar (you can substitute Apple Cider vinegar if you want). I then ground up 1/2 cup of raw macadamias and 1/2 cup raw walnuts for my stuffing with celtic sea salt, oregano, sweet basil, thyme, rosemary and garlic. I hand mixed it and adjusted for taste...which, right now is super-salty. It's just what I want.

I brought them to a girls' night out - my first in a long time. It was a beautiful experience, really connecting with other women and seeing that no one's that different on the inside even though, on the out side our lives, bodies or whatever might look very different.

I feel so spiritually connected to the world and to others. I'm joyous. I do have difficulties, though.

Detox is a b*tch, y'all. I have a case of the worst acne I've ever had. Ugh! Underneath, I can see fresh, clean skin so I can't wait for this to pass. My lymphedema is acting up. I went to acupuncture for relief and got a lecture about how RAW is not good for you. I shouldn't be eating raw. I need more protein to feed my circulatory system.

Ugh!

I'm down 13 lbs in three weeks. That's huge for me. It's effortless as long as I eat over 60% raw AND...gluten/dairy free. (The one exception is the Alta Dena Goat Cheese that Natalia Rose mentions in her Raw Detox Diet Book. It's yummers.)

Basically, I listen to my body and not so-called experts. I know what I need and what they need might be different. Hopefully when I get into a position where I can help others, I will be more understanding to their challenges.

I cried during my acupuncture treatment. I felt so humiliated and defeated. I questioned if what I was doing was right. I know that nothing else has worked and that grain, for me, is not the way to good health. Neither is an overabundance of meat. If I want it and really crave it, I'll give in, but it will be grilled and not a lot. Those cravings are less and less.

My raw journey will never be complete. I've had three completely raw days this week. Yay! Me!

Progress, not perfection.

Expert advice is okay, but...you've got to take it with a grain of salt and do what's best for you in the interim. I think RAW is the way to go. It's the way to go for me, but I only want to show by example and if others want to follow it, great. If not, I won't worry.

My husband and children aren't raw although they're becoming more raw-curious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home