Raw ReEvolution

Living well is living raw!

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Day One of Lenten Challenge

I completed Patenaude's 21 Day Challenge for good or ill. Actually have had a mini health crisis during weeks 2 and 3 so I didn't exercise much. I really am scared for my health and my life. My bladder is failing me...well, hurting me.

I'm infected yet again. This time they think it's in the urinary tract. Since December, I've had infections in my throat, ears, lungs and now my urinary tract. Yuckers...

I'm a candida crazed person and I'm just so tired of being sick and tired.

So, I had a long talk with myself and decided to get off the fence. As a lapsed Catholic, I figure that this - Ash Wednesday - is the best day to begin. I will undergo a 40-day Raw Reevolution (hence the name of this blog...hehe).

I am going to enjoy as many raw shakes and smoothies as I want everyday. All Raw, all the time. No soda, but oodles of kombucha and fresh fruit juices (when I get the juicer...hubby ordered me one for Valentine's Day! Yay!)

I am taking it day by day. No hunger...just RAW...and I know i'm not doing it in the purest sense of the word because I use coconut milk and purchase almond milk, but oh well!

Today, I am loving this concoction

Cuckoo for Cacao-Nana

4 frozen bananas
1/4 cup coconut milk
6 whole dates
1/4 cup cacao nibs
2 handfuls of spinach

Start by blending greens. Add in frozen bananas, nibs and dates. Add milk and wait 'til you get desired thickness.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home